With this legitimate little-known way, you can fulfill your dream of getting an IATA membership free of cost.
Is it really possible?
Yes, for god sake!
If you are only interested in getting an IATA number for your travel agency and don’t require their services, congratulations! you have an option.
Travel Industry Designator Services (TIDS) is offered by IATA who doesn’t offer or plan airline ticketing.
(That doesn’t mean you can’t sell airline tickets. Do it with the partnership with consolidators)
The registration is FREE OF COST!
And your IATA TIDS number works almost the same as the full-time IATA membership does.
IATA TIDS is fully recognized by airlines, cruises, hotel chains, car rental companies, railway suppliers, and any other travel suppliers worldwide.
The registration is super easy and quick, and you can apply it all by yourself.
Even the sole proprietors can have their IATA number with this.
Documents requirement for TIDS registration:
- Documentation supporting the legal form of the business and ownership of the business entity:
- GST registration certificate
- Bank letter of the statement of account in the name of the business.
- One letter of recommendation from an IATA airline, GDS on any other major industry supplier.
- Government-issued license, if any
Now you have two way out of it:
- Use your travel agent association membership document if you have, such as TAAI, IATO, ADTOI, etc.
- Or else you need two letters of recommendation from travel and tourism industry suppliers such as hotel chains, major travel, and transportation companies, or any other entertainment industry representatives.
Letter of recommendation must be on the issuer’s letterhead.
You can refer to this sample LoR by IATA, (CLICK HERE)
Alright, this is it.
Now go ahead and apply for your IATA TIDS number.
You will get your registration details within 3 working days to post-application submission.